Ant wrote:
On 3/25/2012 12:18 PM PT, Rufus typed:

I find the option to "Advertise Firefox Compatibility" useful with one
exception - Google Image searches. I prefer the old contact sheet
presentation and find the previews annoying. Only problem is that to
switch the option on and off the user has to drill down though the HTTP
Networking Prefs to get to it.

I just implemented a nice workaround using the User Agent Switcher
add-on. I added the "Firefox Compatibility" agent string to UA Switcher
- then I went and turned the option off in SM Preferences. A user could
of course do the reverse, depending on their choice for default.

Now I have a Toolbar option to turn it on and off that is easily
assessable, and also assessable in the Tools menu via UA Switcher. Would
be nice to see this option available in the Tools drop down menu by
default, though.

Doesn't PrefBar do this already?

I don't use Prefbar, but if that's another way to do it...do it up!

UA Switcher provides the ability for a user to enter and spoof *any* UA string they like - that's what I'm more interested in.

--
     - Rufus