Walter Johnson wrote:
MCBastos wrote:
Interviewed by CNN on 24/03/2012 21:56, Walter told the world:

My ISP AND gmail uses pop.gmail.com for receiving, smtp.gmail.com for
sending. Somehow, I had the two separated with separate passwords but
the pop and smtp the same. Now I have only one of them working, using
the pw for gmail.

OK, now we are getting to something. Yeah, it seems that Seamonkey lost
one or more of your mail passwords, or perhaps . That would account for
it popping up requests for the password -- every time it attempts to
connect to the mail server and fails.

So, let's try a couple things.

First, it's possible that there is a corrupted saved password keeping
you from saving it anew. So we will attempt to get rid of that old,
damaged password.

Open Tools/Data Manager
On the left pane, look for "gmail.com". Click to select it.
On the right pane, select the "passwords" tab.
Find the lines related to the troublesome account. Select them and click
"remove" to delete them (there are probably two of them for each
account: one for the POP server, and another for the SMTP server).

Close Seamonkey, wait a few seconds to let it close completely, and
reopen it.

Now when downloading mail for this account. Seamonkey will prompt you
for the correct password; this is normal. But, hopefully, now you should
be able to tick the "save password" option and make it stick.

Note that it will prompt you again the first time you send a message
through that account; this could happen immediately, if you happen to
have messages queued for sending. This is also normal, use that "save
password" checkbox again.

With a little bit of luck, Seamonkey should be accessing your mail
accounts normally from now on.

I have been lost. Am I connected again?

walter.

Hallelujah! I am slowly getting my e-mail and browsers to work again. I completely dumped SM and reloaded and all my addresses and books marks were gone. MY BBBBAD.

I did look at the Data Manager and did what was suggested but there was no change so I took the above route and now I am in the process of reconstructing my SM account. In the meantime I can use hotmail for the two e-mail accounts.

Thanks for the previous suggestions although they didn't work out or else I messed up in trying them.