On 04/04/2012 11:19 AM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
> flyguy wrote:
>
>> SM did not show Java installed, even though add/remove programs did.
>>
>> The URL is
>>
>> http://rldtowercam.viewnetcam.com:50000/CgiStart?page=Single&Language=0
>>
>> It's not offering to install a plugin now that I've reinstalled ver 31,
>> and my add-on manager now shows the plugins you have, and add/remove
>> still shows ver 31 installed (the Java installer did say java was
>> already installed, but would remove and reinstall if I clicked continue,
>> which I did).
>>
>> The real puzzle is the SM offer to install an older version, and then
>> having that attempt fail. Perhaps the situation could be duplicated by
>> disabling or removing Java from a test computer.
>
> I got no prompt when I visited the site, and the controls seemed to work
> fine. However, when I closed the page, the cursor turned to the
> perpetual spinner, the whole SeaMonkey window was grayed out, all
> control was lost, and I couldn't close SM without going through the
> Windows Task Manager.
>
> Build identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:11.0)
> Gecko/20120312 Firefox/11.0 SeaMonkey/2.8
>
> Java(TM) Platform SE 6 U31
>      File: npjp2.dll
>      Version: 6.0.310.5
>
> Java Deployment Toolkit 6.0.310.5
>      File: npdeployJava1.dll
>      Version: 6.0.310.5
>
> Windows 7 Pro SP 1, fully patched

+1
Same symptoms:
"cursor turned to the perpetual spinner, the whole SeaMonkey window was
grayed out, all control was lost, and I couldn't close SM without going
through the"
had to kill SM and restart.
Build identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:11.0) Gecko/20120312
Firefox/11.0 SeaMonkey/2.8
Java(TM) Plug-in 1.6.0_31
    File: /opt/java/32/jre1.6.0_31/lib/i386/libnpjp2.so

Same with Firefox 11. Easy to reproduce; open the page, rotate the
camera etc., close the page, restore the page/tab. At the bottom of hte
page you get "Transferring data from ridtowercam.viewnetcam.com"

Works with Chromium (Java on) and Opera:
18.0.1025.142 (Developer Build 129054 Linux) Ubuntu 10.10
  However if you close Chromium & go back to the page on Chromium, all I
get is a black screen on the tower shot.
Opera/9.80 (X11; Linux i686; U; en) Presto/2.10.229 Version/11.62
There is no PrefBar for those, so it's hard to determine if/when java is
running.