Build identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686 on x86_64; rv:11.0) Gecko/20120312 SeaMonkey/2.8

I've just expanded one of my UseNet servers and found that about 35 of the 40-odd groups have one message posted to them (even some groups that I haven't seen a real message posted to in over twelve months).

I suspected it was spam that had been cross-posted, so made a server-wide filter looking for the e-mail subject and set it to mark it as read.

I then ran the filter by clicking the "Run Now" button at the bottom of the Message Filters screen, after selecting the server I had wanted that
filter to apply for.......No change.

I then closed the "Message Filters" screen, re-selected it under Tools, re-selected the server, "Run Now"....no change.

With the UseNet server selected, the other two options, "Run Filers on Folder" and "Run Filters on Message" are greyed out, so what am I doing wrong??

Do server-wide filters work at all??

--
Daniel