A Williams wrote:
Yaakov Nahum Ben-Avraham - Яаков Нахум Бен-Аврахам - יעקב נחום בן אברהם
wrote:
I am using SeaMonkey 1.1.13 on a Linux 2.6.27.7
kernel and Slackware 12.2 distribution.

I would like to convert my database, including the
Address Book and other Mail info, Bookmarks, etc.
to SeaMonkey 2.1b3 on a Linux 2.6.37.6 kernel
and Slackware 13.37 distribution.

How do I go about doing this in a fail-safe manner?

- Yaakov

Kernel levels are irrelevant for this operation, Slackware levels are
also meaningless for those of us who do not use Slackware.

I believe the conversion is done automatically when you start the newer
Seamonkey, although I would make some preparations first:
- Clear your Cache
- take a backup of your $home/.mozilla directory (this is the
"fail-safe" part).
- Start the new Seamonkey.

I seem to remember reading that the newest versions of Seamonkey no
longer contain the code to migrate 1.x levels, but your Seamonkey level
is old enough for that not to be a problem.

Yes, when I read the OP, I was wondering why Yaakov was just going to SM2.1b3 and why to a b3 level at all?? Why not to SM2.1 final, and then update through to SM2.8 or the soon to be released SM2.9??

--
Daniel