Test wrote:
Daniel wrote, On 5/10/2012 6:20 AM:
Test wrote:
Larry wrote, On 5/8/2012 10:02 PM:
Just upgraded from 2.8 to 2.9.1. I'm using the same profile I had
before
the change, and all seems well except that I was forced to set up new
mail and news accounts, even though the mail folders are right there in
my profile but apparently aren't recognized. Consequently, I have no
mail history including a few important archives.

So, how did that happen? What can I do about it?

All advice will be gratefully received!

I also had an issue with emails not appearing when I upgraded to 2.9.1 I
have done a restore and reinstalled 2.33 and most emails are back but a
few are still not there or are a mess.

Test, have a look at Tools->Switch Profiles. Do you see any profiles
there that you didn't know you had?? If so, switch to them and see if
they contain your missing e-mails.

If not, report back for more advice!!

Deleting the msf file and letting Seamonkey remake it seem to have fixed
my lost email problem.

That's one way. The other is to right-click the folder and choose Properties. Then click the Repair Folder button.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/