Ray_Net wrote:
Daniel wrote, On 31/05/2012 14:17:
Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
W3BNR wrote:

W3BNR submitted the following:
Beauregard T. Shagnasty submitted the following:
Michael Gordon wrote:
With that restriction in mind you will need a FTP program to upload
files, and remove files from your web server.

WS_FTP is very good, it has been around a long time, and it lets you
see what is on your hard drive and your web host at the same time.
It makes web site management a breeze.
PKZip is another FTP program that make web site management easy to
perform.

WS_FTP is a pay-for software ($55.00). PKZip is a file compression
program, not FTP. I'd recommend FileZilla for FTP, which is both
current and free - and possibly better than WS_FTP.

http://filezilla-project.org/

How about FireFTP?
http://fireftp.mozdev.org/

For SeaMonkey see:
http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmisc.html#fireftp

Should have had that in the previous -

Maybe. Doesn't appear it would run stand-alone though, being an extension
to the browser. I prefer a separate app; no need to clutter up the
browser base.

Don't know what version of Filezilla came with this Linux disk (three years
old, so
probably an older version!), but it runs as a standalone program, outside of my
SeaMonkey!!

Just checked, FileZilla 3.2.3

WFM!!

3.5.3 version for windows

Filezilla and Cyberduck are also excellent.