On 6/10/2012 7:20 PM PT, Jonathan Kamens typed:

Is it me or do some e-mail clients download e-mails that were dated for
"send later" and some are dated for "send now"? I noticed my earlier
e-mails for "send later" were dated from those times in some specific
e-mail clients, but others (e.g., Gmail) get the times that were sent at
"Sent Now".

I've read this paragraph several times, and I'm still not sure
I understand what you're asking. Your question may make sense
to you, but the way you've formulated it here seems rather
convoluted.

I *think* you're asking why some email clients show, as the
date of an email message, the date at which it arrived in your
mailbox, whereas other email clients show the date at which
the sender claims to have sent it, which can in some cases
differ significantly from the date when it arrived in your
mailbox.

Is that right?

Correct, but this is when using "Send Later" in Mozilla's SeaMonkey v2 e-mail clients. Try this. Compose a test e-mail to a valid e-mail address that you have access too. Tell SM2 to "Send Later". Wait a few minutes/hours/days/whenever. Note its date and time. Do a "Send Unsent Messages" of it. See the e-mails in the receive end. See its date and time. Either it will be the date and time finished composing and sent later OR at the sent date and time.
--
"An ant can do more than an ox that is lying down." --unknown