Bob Fleischer wrote:
I seem to have damaged my profile in such a way that browser windows no
longer show the bookmarks toolbar (the space for the bar is there, as is
the "Home" icon on the left, and it is selected under "show/hide").
Also, the location bar remains blank as I browse.

My profile still has the bookmark data, including the bookmarks for the
bookmarks toolbar -- I can see them if I go to "Manage Bookmarks".

It appears as if some UI information is damaged.  How do I fix it?

Bob
Well, I tried safe mode but it too had the main problem--the bookmarks toolbar and location bar not working correctly. I tried all the usual delete this and delete that files, to no improvement in the situation.

(Other browser-based tool windows didn't work either; e.g, the add-ons manager window came up totally blank.)

I realized I had a file backup from less than a month ago, I restored everything but my mail folders (which seemed to be intact), and everything is working OK now.

Bob