Hi everyone,
I am transitioning from Vista to Windows 7. I've been using Seamonkey
for years now and migrating from XP, Vista, etc quite successfuly.
Overall, Seamonkey browser seems to be working fine. I do not have any
issue.

The problem that I am facing  is with the Profile Manager (again under
Windows 7 x64). For sake of discussion, I am using Seamonkey 2.10 and
I have also tried the new 2.11 beta. No difference in what I am
describing below.

I am trying to generate a new profile to add to the default profile
you get. As example, I am using "Test". I went through the "All
Program --> Seamonkey -- Profile Manager" route. Then, go to Create
Profile. Then, I can enter the new name. But, when I click Finish,
nothing refresh (I can keep pressing Finish but there is no reaction,
that windows remains there). Then, I have to click Cancel to skip that
window. After clicking Cancel, I am back to Profile Manager window,
but no profile is generated under Available Profiles. Nevertheless,
and curiously, I can see that a new folder has been created under
AppData/Roaming/Mozilla/Seamonkey/Profiles. But, this new profile is
not available through the Profile manager. I tried to close and open
Seamonkey to see if it will refresh, but it is not there.

Then, I tried using Tools-->Switch Profile and then create a new
profile. The same problem happens when you reach Finish buttom. That
windows does not react and you do not see a new Profile being created.
You get stick in the Finish windows and the only using Cancel you can
get back to Profile Manager windows. In the Profile Manager windows no
new profile appears. However, in this case, if I close the Profile
Manager window and I reopen it again (through Tools-->Switch Profile),
I can see a new Profile being created. This was promising. HOWEVER, if
I close Seamonkey and I check if the new profile is available through
All Program -->Seamonkey-->Profile Manager, I cannot see the new
profile at all. Furthermore, after re-opening Seamonkey, if now Ii go
back again to Tools-Switch Profile the new profile is not being shown
anymore. Once again, if I check on AppData/Roaming/Mozilla/Seamonkey/
Profiles I can see that a neww folder has been opened, simply is not
being shown as part of the available profiless.

Because, it seems to me that this problem is related to x64 or Windows
7 (I used Windows Vista x32 in a different machine without problem to
create new profile), I decided to use the Windows Virtual PC on the
same computer. I downloaded the Seamonekey and installed under the
Windows Virtual PC. Then, I went to All Program -->Seamonkey-->Profile
Manager. The Profile Manager opened and I click Create New Profile. I
typed the new profile name and click "Finish". And immediatly, the new
Profile was added in the Profile Manager. The "Finish" buttom worked
perfectly under the Windows Virtual PC . Also, the new profile was
created and was available after closing and opening Seamonkey again.
All this, once again, under Windows Virtual PC.

So, it seems that something in the Profile Manager is not working well
under Windows 7 or, alternative, it is a 64 bits issue. As far as I
understand, the Windows Virtual PC runs in XP mode and 32 bits.

My temporal fix is to use Seamonkey through the Windows Virtual PC,
but this is annoying as I need to be switching windows and I would
like to migrate completely to Windows 7 and x64 bits.

So, I would like too know if this is a know issue by Seamonkey and if
there is a fix too go through and create a new Profile that is
available after opening or closing Seamonkey. Thanks.