Rostyslaw Lewyckyj wrote:
> Is there planned or likely to be a 2.10.2 bug fix release
> before the 2.11 which is now at the beta level?
> Is it at all likely that 2.11 will be more thoroughly tested,
> than 2.10 was, at least the version for 32 bit Windows 7 ?

I don't have a clue where this is coming from.

Our Security/Stability releases are NEVER planned in advance, we only
plan the real releases. Let alone expect us to know of an issue the day
of the stability release is out the door for us.

You haven't said a *specific* problem you are encountering, we are not
mind readers.

We test all our shipped code thoroughly, the fact remains that we may
miss an edge case, an issue that is not readily apparent, or even be
hurt by 3'rd party code issues that many users find vastly important.

We release these updates when we feel the strain/time invested in doing
a release (about 20 hours of human time just for SeaMonkey, NOT COUNTING
the quality assurance time we invest).

The issues that primarily convinced us to do a 2.10.1 release were all
in shared code, Firefox and Thunderbird code to be specific, we snuck in
a fix for a borderline issue that we had the patch in hand *just* as we
prepared for 2.10 and were unable to have testing on it in time to feel
confident in its uptake for that release, by now we did and decided to
take it along with the Gecko fixes.

If you have *specific* issues, file bugs, point us at them, or
troubleshoot with us, and we can see if we can reproduce and work on a fix.

This amount of caged trollism is unacceptable and I ask that you state
facts rather than goading remarks.

Thank You,
--
~Justin Wood (Callek), Release Engineer