Jim Taylor wrote:
Ed Mullen wrote:
A friend who uses me as their tech support "guy" wrote that she and
her husband can't access Gmail on their XP systems.  Okay on an Acer
tablet, okay on W7 systems.

I tried on my W7 systems, it's fine.  Tried on an XP system and no good.

I tried deleting the XP Google cookies and trying again:  No go.

Tried Safe Mode, no go.

Any ideas?

I just tested and have no problems accessing Gmail on my XP system.
"Can't access Gmail" isn't really much of a description of the problem.
What are the exact symptoms - don't get the sign in screen?  Get the
sign in screen and can't sign in?  If so what message (password
incorrect?  clear stored passwords).  Get signed in but don't get the
mailbox.  It's difficult to diagnose a problem without knowing the
symptoms.

--.
Jim

Gmail site just sits there and spins, no reply from Gmail, I gave up waiting for it to time out.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/