Thee Chicago Wolf [MVP] wrote, On 19/07/2012 20:18:
The subject of a mail is too long  in the "window list of subjects". But
is ok in the "window preview of the mail".

You certainly will argue that SM is perfect and this is because the mail
came from another mail-client.

BUT SM is not consistent between his two windows
"window list of subjects"
and
"window preview of the mail"

As seen here: http://home.scarlet.be/~rs268454/subject-too-long.jpg

What can i do to permit a solution of this SM problem ?
If the width of the subject column is xx characters wide, you could
widen it. This is not the fault of Seamonkey nor another email client.
It is a pixel limit in the column width.

You could always use a smaller display font which will then fit more
characters in whatever the width is of your Subject column. It up to
you, the user, to adjust the Subject column width to allow for long
subject lines.

- Thee Chicago Wolf [MVP]
You did not understand or you did not look at my screen copy.

The subject in the "window list of subjects" is INCORRECT.

Look in my screen copy the added string "

To: undisclosed-recipie...@hays.is.scarlet.be"
or

Came from the next part of the mail and have nothing to do with the subject.

This extra string is not present in the "window preview of the mail" which is ABOLUTELY correct.

and have nothing to do with the "...width of the subject column".

IT'S NOT A LONG SUBJECT LINE the subject should be only =  to:

Tr : TR: Fw: Tr: : Comprendre le  français.
or
Réf. : Crabe et Corsica

without any other text appended.