I am unclear on what basis Seamonkey determined "the effective domain".
For a number of sites under my control, I register a top-level domain
(e.g., example.org) and then create a number of different sites
under that domain (e.g., photos.example.org, poems.example.org).
These are completely different sites, yet Seamonkey regards "the
effective domain" as "example.org" whereas what I would imagine
is relevant to the visitor is that he/she knows that he/she is
on (e.g.,) poems.example.org and not on photos.example org.

On what basis does Seamonkey determine "the effective domain" ?

Philip Taylor