Rufus wrote:
Paul B. Gallagher wrote:

<Snip>

I get the black bars on either side, too. If I maximize the video,
that's expected because of the 4:3 aspect ratio.

I don't get any "doubling," whatever that means, but there does seem to
be an unrelated background image behind the vid:
<http://i4.ytimg.com/u/shnCkfV7U6DqR4IHbQbI7Q/new_watch_background.jpg>

Yeah - that's what I see, but two half-panes of it split across the
presentation left and right.  Goofy.  I wonder if it could be because of
any one of the ad-blocker add-onns I'm using, like Ghostery or Adblock
Plus?

I hadn't tried maximizing the presentation - just tried, and that
looks/plays just fine.

Interesting that you mention Ghostery, Rufus! I've been trying to catch up on part one of a three part T.V. doco, but when I go to:-

http://www.sbs.com.au/goback/video/201/series-2-episode-1

I get a blank screen, not even any of the buttons, volume bar at the bottom of the screen.

I do have Ghostery installed and it tells me it's blocked the Twitter Button below the screen!.

Build identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686 on x86_64; rv:14.0) Gecko/20120715 Firefox/14.0.1 SeaMonkey/2.11

Was going to have another try on Wednesday, when I boot up into my Win7 entity (to update all my bits and pieces) to see if that works!

--
Daniel