WaltS wrote:
On 09/08/2012 05:41 AM, Daniel wrote:
Build identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686 on x86_64; rv:14.0)
Gecko/20120715 Firefox/14.0.1 SeaMonkey/2.11

Last night, I clicked Help->Check for updates and updated my Win7
SeaMonkey installation, but tonight, when I've tried to update my Linux
version (see above), I getting told the Update Failed and that it Failed
(unknown reason). Then the screen says I can download SM manually from
the web site.

Anybody else getting this, or know how I can fix whatever problem I've
got!!

Did you install SeaMonkey by downloading manually from Mozilla, or from
your distributions software management application?

If you downloaded, and installed manually, repeat that step.

If you installed from your distributions software management system,
check it for an update

All of my "updates", Walt, have come directly from seamonkey-project, usually by applying the 6 weekly updates but, occasionally downloading the full program (if I leave the updating to long!!).

It's just that this time when I try to do the update from SM 2.11 to 2.12 (before the 2.12.1 update is issued), I get the indications above.

--
Daniel