Lucas Levrel wrote:
Le 7 septembre 2012, NoOp a écrit :

You need to change the permissions. This works for me (although the
window size is not ideal (for my monitor):

$ ls -al evince-patched
-rwxrwxr-- 1<snipped> 214 Sep  7 18:06 evince-patched

Thanks, but that doesn't work for me (plus I wouldn't want to set +w for the
group). Then I also tried 700, 754, 770, 777, 775, 744, to no avail.

Take a look at permissions on the directories in the path, you need world execute to pass through (not read). I agree about making things group writable, although if your Linux makes a per-user group it probably doesn't present much of an issue.

--
Bill Davidsen <david...@tmr.com>
  We are not out of the woods yet, but we know the direction and have