David E. Ross wrote:
On 11/23/12 7:30 AM, George Carden wrote:
David E. Ross wrote:
On 10/27/12 12:52 PM, Tom S. wrote:
On Fri 26 Oct 2012 01:51:07pm EDT, /David E. Ross/ said in
mozilla.support.seamonkey:

On 10/26/12 10:14 AM, Bill Davidsen wrote:
Once again a new version has stopped supporting an
extension to save all passwords in human readable format.
I'm not looking for a discussion of why this is a good or
bad thing, since it is a required thing for this client.

Reasons to do it:
- it's *their* hardware
- it's *their* passwords
- they pay me *their* money to do things *their* way
- the choice is to provide the list, on paper, within 24
hours of
     any change, or stop working for them
- they're not asking for anything of mine, just theirs the
way
     they want it.

So is there an extension which allows dumping the full
content of the password database into a text file or are
we back to doing it by hand or using another software?

Try the Password Exporter extension at
<https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/password-e
xporter/>. While the Web page says "Not available for
SeaMonkey 2.13.1", I am using the extension with SeaMonkey
2.13.1.

How do you install it when SeaMonkey won't let you install it
from the website?

After you install the extension --

<snip>

1.  Download the .xpi file without installing it.

2.  Use a ZIP application (e.g., Winzip) to extract the install.rdf
file.  (The .xpi file is merely a ZIP file without the .zip file
extension.)

3.  In the block
        <em:targetApplication>
              <!-- SeaMonkey -->
              <Description>
                <em:id>{92650c4d-4b8e-4d2a-b7eb-24ecf4f6b63a}</em:id>
                <em:minVersion>2.2</em:minVersion>
                <em:maxVersion>2.7.*</em:maxVersion>
                </Description>
        </em:targetApplication>
use an ASCII editor to change
                <em:maxVersion>2.7.*</em:maxVersion>
                <em:maxVersion>2.15.*</em:maxVersion>

4.  Re-insert the modified install.rdf file back into the .xpi file.

5.  Install the extension locally from your hard drive.

David, I'm to the very last step on this. What exactly do I do to
install the extension locally from the hard drive? Do I need to re-zip
the contents of the "password_exporter-1.2.1-fx+tb+sm" folder again and
install that?  I don't want to screw this up. Thanks.

DO NOT extract all files from the zipped .xpi file.  Only extract
install.rdf.

1.  After editing it, re-insert the install.rdf file into the .xpi file.

2.  On the SeaMonkey menu bar, select [Tools > Add-ons Manager].

3.  On the Add-ons Manager, select Extensions (left-hand side, green
puzzle piece).

4.  At the top of the page, there is a button with a graphic that is
either a machine gear or a black daisy with a down-pointing triangle.
Select that button.  On the pull-down list, select "Install Add-on From
File".

The rest should be intuitive.

Regarding step #1, how do I re-insert it? At this point, the edited .rdf file is unzipped, and the original .xpi file is zipped. Do I put the now-edited .rdf file back into the unzipped .xpi file's folder, then re-zip that folder, then install the add-on using that edited, re-zipped .xpi file?

I'm sorry, David. I'm pretty dense about this stuff. I greatly value your help and tips! Thanks.