On 12/7/12 6:16 PM, Ed Mullen wrote:
> David E. Ross wrote:
>> On 12/7/12 10:48 AM, Ed Mullen wrote:
>>> I notice in Firefox about:home will open your home page.  Also, there is
>>> a pref:  browser.newtab.url
>>>
>>> which allows one to specify what opens when you open a new tab.
>>>
>>> Any idea if that will ever make it into SeaMonkey?  I find it very useful.
>>>

>> 1.  On the SeaMonkey menu bar, go to [Edit > Preferences].
>>
>> 2.  On the left side of the Preferences window under Category, select
>> Browser.
>>
>> 3.  At the top of the Browser pane in the "Display on" area, there is a
>> pull-down selection list that allows you to select Browser Startup, New
>> Window, and New Tab.  Underneath the selection list are radio buttons
>> that allow you to select what you see when you launch SeaMonkey, open a
>> new SeaMonkey window, and open a new tab.  Each of those is independent
>> of the other two.
>>

> Interesting.
>
> However, have you tried about:config and tried to find
> browser.newtab.url?  Doesn't exist in my SM 2.14.1, near as I can tell.
>
> I use the extension Tab Clicking Options and it does not respect this
> setting.  If it is active opening a new tab via middle-clicking on the
> tab bar opens a blank tab.
>
> But I realize that isn't a SM problem.

The preference variable is browser.tabs.loadOnNewTab:
        0 (default): Blank page
        1: Homepage
        2: Last visited page

The home page is determined by the preference variable
browser.startup.homepage.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

bureaucracy has obviously never worked for a large corporation.
© 1997 by David E. Ross