El 29/12/12 06:28, Paul B. Gallagher escribió:
> OK, here's something that does work, though I'm not sure of any
> unintended consequences:
>
> In about:config, find the pref print_printer, right-click it, and
> choose "reset." It becomes blank. Close about:config.
>
> Henceforth, whenever you execute a print command, the default printer
> is selected. You can select another printer, but the next time you
> execute a print command, the default is selected again. Just what the
> OP wanted.
>
> Any reason not to do this?
>
> I'd also like to know how to restore the default behavior.

My experience is that the printer you select in the *browser* window
of SeaMonkey persists across sessions, thus turning it into the
"SeaMonkey default printer".

However, in the *mail & news* window, if you choose a different
printer when printing, the selection does not persist and it reverts
to the "SeaMonkey default printer" (the one last selected in a SM
browser window). All of this is running on Windows (XP); I haven't
really played with it on Linux enough to confirm it works the same way.

I haven't changed the preferences directly so I can't comment about
whether it works or not.

--
Ricardo Palomares (RickieES)
http://www.mozilla-hispano.org/