I know about the security implications but need the java-plugin for a
certain application. JRE 7.11 32-bit is installed on Win7x64 prof.

I used Seamonkey 2.14.1 or 2.15 (the effect is the same) an on some
profiles java only partially works:

1) http://www.java.com/en/download/testjava.jsp -> works
2) http://javatester.org/version.html -> does not work (nothing happens,
the java console which is activated does not appear.)

The application I need seems to be of type 2 and also does not work.

On other user-profiles on the same pc everything is fine (and it also
used to work with older versions of jre), so I rule out the seamonkey
and the java installation. The problem must be somewhere in the profile.

Any ideas? (renaming blocklist.xml as per another posting didn't help)

--
Matthias