REF: http://news.cnet.com/8301-14013_3-57573440/mozilla-says-no-plans-to-return-to-ios/

[excerpt quote=\"
Sullivan and Opera Software's Mike Taylor, also on the panel, shared the same viewpoint. They all argued that giving consumers browser choice was essential to making browsers, and the Web in general, great.

And, Sullivan argued, Apple's closed environment means users suffer.

It's a viewpoint that the general public might not share. Rosenblatt queried the audience to find out how many people were iOS users, and a majority of hands went up. By contrast, when he asked how many of them were suffering, just a few hands surfaced.
\" /]

The questioned not asked is how many of the iOS users were using non-Safari and non-Chrome browsers. My guess is that even fewer would raise their hand which, I suspect, is a big reason Mozilla has decided not to waste resources just becoming another Apple webkit clone.

--
Sailfish - Netscape Champion
Netscape/Mozilla Tips: http://www.ufaq.org/ , http://ilias.ca/