I have this website:
http://knottsislandonline.com/kiscrapbook/index.html

Using seamonkey as my html editor, I have just noticed my charset has changed to <meta content="text/html; charset=windows-1252" in the new updates. My default is <meta content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1". A random check of my html files on my harddrive indicates my files are changed whenever I access them via seamonkey. This has happened sometime in the last 2 weeks. There has been no change to the html files on the web that are older than 2 weeks. I have no idea what charset is/means or it's effect. When I save a file with charset=ISO-8859-1" it is automatically changed to charset=windows-1252. I have no choice. WHY?????
Thanks, Gary