On Saturday, March 30, 2013 5:05:14 PM UTC-4, Larry S. wrote:
> NormM wrote:

> >> Hmmm . . . The path that he shows goes through "Local Settings", and
>

> >> that's where you can wind up with "Cache". The "normal" profile, the one
>

> >> that SM uses for settings, etc., does not include "Local Settings" in
>

> >> its path (check Help->Trouble Shooting->Profile Folder). Your setup
>

> >> might be different, of course.
>

> >> Larry S.
>

> > Larry -- I've never altered any SM installations in any way so the SM
> > upload process(es) must have created it on it's own. I'll go thru the
> > (Help. etc.) suggestion, can't hurt. Anything special I should be looking
> > for? -- NormM
>

> Norm,
>
> I was really commenting on Paul's not having a Cache in his profile. You
>
> might want to follow my suggestion to be sure that you're in your true
>
> Profile, and might want to check Tools->Switch Profile to see if there
>
> is another one there somehow. Unfortunately, as to your original problem
>
> I don't have any great ideas, except that in the Local Settings path you
>
> would be looking at the Cache folder that is built into SM, and won't be
>
> able to delete it. (Not sure about this.)
>

> Others with better knowledge might have useful ideas. What makes you
>
> think the file is corrupt?
>

> Larry S.

Tnx Larry. The only profile listed is "default", which apparently is the one
I'm using. My system displayed the msg: ". . . is not accessible. The file or
directory is corrupted and unreadable" . . . that's about as far as I can go
with it. I'd like to delete it if psbl, but at this time no work around seems
to work, including chkdsk.  Appreciate ur input. Happy Easter!