Ilya wrote:

Hello, guys.

I'm bit confused about 2 of 4 newsgroup reply types:

When I chose to "Reply to Sender and Newsgroup", the message goes to the
newsgroup only.

When I chose to "Reply to All", the message goes to the sender and to
the newsgroup.

Why doesn't "Reply to Sender and Newsgroup" work the way it's supposed
to and why does "Reply to All" do what "Replay to Sender and Newsgroup"
should do?

Добро пожаловать в группе.

Here's a theory: Newsgroup posts have a "From:" field and a "Newsgroups:" field, but no "Sender:" field. The option "Reply to all" would include the "From:" address as well as "Newsgroups:" and "Sender:," but "Reply to Sender and Newsgroup" would not include the "From:" address. So "sender" is being used here as a technical term, not in the vernacular sense in which most people understand it.

Paul B. Gallagher