Robert Kaiser schrieb:
[...]
>>> That's interesting to hear. Who was ownership turned to?
>>
>> I think that when I looked in Advanced Security Settings, it said the
>> owner could not be displayed. But when I went to edit the owner, it was
>> displayed as MachineName\Administrators.
>>

> That's a group. I wonder if a group can be the owner in Windows...

Yes, that is possible on Windows, as users and groups share a common "ID
space", i.e. both are GUIDs. This is not uncommon, I just looked at my
XP Box, it has the local administrators as owner of the %WINDIR%.

HTH, Wolfgang

--
Uncontrolled power will turn even saints into savages.  And we can all
be counted on to live down to our lowest impulses.