Daniel wrote:
Klaus Weber wrote:
Win XP Seamonkey 2.2

Hello,

today I tried several times to change an address in an email list of the
address book. Each time seamonkey crashes before I could change the
address. What to do?

Regards
Klaus

Klaus, it's my understanding that e-mail lists use the e-mail addresses
in your main list, so to change an e-mail address used on a list, you
need to delete the e-mail address from the list, change the address in
your main list and then add this new address from your main list to your
e-mail list.

Or would just changing the e-mail address in the main list then change
the address in the list as well?? Could be worth a try!!

I tried it both ways here in 2.20 (which BTW is what Klaus has, not 2.2), and both times it worked like a charm. First I edited the record in the list, and the change propagated up to the address book. Then I edited the record in the address book, that propagated down to the list. I didn't have to add or delete the record, and I didn't crash the program.

This is all consistent with my previous experience working with lists.

Paul B. Gallagher