EE wrote:
Arnie Goetchius wrote:
Periodically I receive emails from trusted sources where SM warns that
this email "might be a scam". Clicking on "Not a Scam" makes the message
go away. However, SM does not learn and keeps giving the same warning
for the same trusted source. The quick fix is to completely disable this
feature by going about:config and change mail.phishing.detection.enabled
to False.

It would be helpful if SM could learn when an email is checked as "Not a
Scam", that the result of that action would disable any future notices
that an email from the same source "might be a scam".

Note: Under Global Junk Preferences/Junk and Suspect Mail, I do have
"suspected email scam" unchecked but that apparently is ignored and the
only way to not see these warnings is to do the fix in about:config

I see the opposite.  I have received repeated scam attempts (especially
the Nigerian variety), and never see any warning about a scam.

Edit | Preferences | Mail & Newsgroups | Junk & Suspect Mail

At the bottom:
[x] Tell me if the message I'm reading is a suspected email scam

This should have the same effect as toggling Arnie's key in about:config.

Paul B. Gallagher