On 10/01/2013 10:37 PM, PhillipJones wrote:
Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
flyguy wrote:

Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
flyguy wrote:
This website uses 25% of my CPU time in SM 2.21 (Win XP), but 2% or so
in IE 8.

http://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2005-Jayco-Greyhawk-24ss-111012813

Is that a flaw in SM? Is it a setting I can change? It slows down the
computer, and I can hear the HD whining.

I'll bet it has something to do with the 1.8 Megabytes of JavaScript on
that page.

Or maybe the 20 HTML errors, or the 973 CSS errors. It's also a
"jquery" page and most of those are resource hogs.

   Can you determine why IE 8 doesn't have problem with it, and SM 2.21
does? For now, I open the rvtrader pages in IE 8, even though it's
inconvenient.

No, sorry I can't. I don't use Windows so have no IE. I can say that the
page does not hog my CPU when using any of my browsers.

On the latest Beta of SM activity monitor indicate a maximum of 11% CPU
Usage. y Mac uses 8 GB DDR3 1067MHz RAM

1% CPU and 328 KB memory usage with Firefox 25.0b3 and 2 tabs open, 17% CPU and 151 KB of memory usage with SeaMonkey 2.21 with the same 2 tabs. There is also a plugin container with SeaMonkey open using 9% CPU and 57 KB of memory.