Daniel wrote:

I've cross-posted this to both TB and SM newsgroups as it can apply to
both, and then set follow-up to SM as I don't read TB.

I've got my Mail/News screen set up with the Accounts down the left hand
side, the threads displaying in the top right and the message in the
bottom right. This often results in a lot of wasted, white, screen space
in the Message display area.

I think, in the preferences/options, somewhere (I cannot find it just
ATT!), this can be changed to, I think, three slices right across the
screen.

In these days where screens often are wider than in by-gone days, I
would like to know if it is, easily, possible to set the screen up so
that the Threads screen is right across the top of the screen, the
Accounts down what's left on the left of the screen and the Message
screen in the bottom right of the screen??

Effectively, leave the Message Pane as is, reduce the height of the
Accounts Pane and increase the width of the Threads Pane.

This isn't exactly what you want, but you may like it better than what you have:

View | Layout | Vertical View

Paul B. Gallagher