NO wrote:
Hello all,

I have had to just re-install my W8 and had my SM files on another
drive, I cannot figure out how to get my emails and settings back to the
previous state, if at all possible???

Please guide me, if possible or do I need to start from the beginning?
Especially with emails...

TIA - SamuelS

I found that I was NOT clear in the original post and for this I do
apologize...

What it needs to say is, my SM files are on disk d, disk c had W8
reinstalled which requires re-installation of many/most programs. I can
see the 'Mozilla' folder when using explorer, but when trying to direct
SM to use that folder on disk d, it is not seen by the program.

Is there a way to remedy this, in terms of re-installing SM, getting the
original settings or is this a lost cause and need to start from scratch
again with installation and etc.???

Sorry for the unclear original post.

TIA,

Samuel, there are at least two options,...

1 If you are happy to use the files on the D:\, whilst installing your SeaMonkey on your C:\, do a normal install and then select Tools->Switch Profiles->Manage Profiles and create a new profile and on the second screen (I think), where you get to name the profile and choose its location, and point to the folder on the D:\ which contains your profile, i.e. if you old prefs.js file is located at D:\programs\things\stuff\prefs.js, point your new profile to D:\programs\things\stuff\

2. Alternatively, if you want your profile on the C:\, move/copy the profile files from D:\ to somewhere on C:\ and then select Tools->Switch Profiles->Manage Profiles and create a new profile and on the second screen (I think), where you get to name the profile and choose its location, point to the folder on the C:\ which contains your profile, i.e. if you old prefs.js file is located at C:\programs\things\stuff\prefs.js, point your new profile to C:\programs\things\stuff\

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:21.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/21.0 SeaMonkey/2.18 Build identifier: 20130418192405

or

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0 SeaMonkey/2.22 Build identifier: 20131016213449