Daniel wrote:
Jim Dell wrote:
I am having a problem with Location-Aware Browsing with SeaMonkey 2.22.1
on my desktop Windows 7 64 bit PC.  It thinks I am in Dallas, Texas when
I am in Dayton Ohio.  On MyYahoo page when I click on detect my location
I get the error message “Browser timed out getting your location”

In About:config geo.enabled is set to default boolean true

Anybody got any clues on how to fix this?

Works OK on my Windows 8 laptop.

Jim, how are you connecting to the Internet?? I use a 3G, USB Dongle to
connect via Wireless, so any geo-locating on me says I am wherever the
wireless link switches to land line (or something like that). Last time
I checked, I was showing up as being on the Australian Gold Coast,
approx 1200km (700mls) from my actual location.

Hardwired with an Cat 5 cable.

Jim