David E. Ross wrote:
On 12/20/2013 1:37 PM, chicagofan wrote:
Using SM 2.17.1 trying to run some speed tests on my cable service, and
I find that Adobe Flashand Java are disabled and nothing will run.

So I click on the SM "update now" button which takes me to a Mozilla
page to click "update now" again .... and that one results in a page
that appears to say... to use that update I must install McAfee which I
will not do.

So what are my options to display these tests using SeaMonkey?  :(
bj

Go directly to the sources for both Flash and Java.

For Flash, go to
<http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html>.  Be sure
to select the second set for "Plugin-based browsers" and NOT the first
set for "Internet Explorer".

For Java, go to <http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp>.  Since you
seem to be using an x64 Windows, select the 64-bit Windows version for
downloading.

The Java site says "We have detected you may be viewing this page in a 32-bit browser". Hmm, thought that's what SM was. So, which one? Or both?

Grateful for help to this non-tech.

Larry S.