On 12/21/2013 11:42 AM, Rob wrote:
W3BNR <w3...@verizon.net> wrote:
On 12/20/2013 4:12 PM BIll Spikowski submitted the following:
Dick Hoffman wrote:
(This is probably due to something I've got set in Preferences but I
can't find what it is.) I'm running SM 2.23 on a Windows XP-SP3 system.
Emails sent to me in HTML appear correctly when I view them. Colors,
graphics and formatting are all preserved and displayed as composed.
However, if I forward the email to my wife, or to another of my email
accounts, the HTML is stripped away and the message is sent in plain
text, losing all original formatting. What is controlling this? Is there
something I can change to retain the original formatting?

After you click "forward" but before you forward the message to your
wife, is the HTML formatting still present, or gone already?

I have the same situation, and the formatting is gone already. My
workaround is to hold down the shift key when clicking "forward" or
"reply."

If your formatting is still visible on your computer but gone when the
email reaches your wife, your problem is different!

Yes, Shift+Forward works.  An undocumented feature(?).  At least I can't
find it in the help file in any of the short-cut sections.

Thanks for the info.

Maybe there is an entry in your personal addressbook where she is
incorrectly marked as "wants to receive plain text mail".

Her entry is marked "Unknown" for mail format preference, as is my alternate email address that I've been using to test with.
Dick