Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Mike C wrote:

When I click the desktop browser icon the email opens instead.

That's also when I click the browser in all programs.
I tried reinstalling SM 2.23 but that didn't fix it.

How to fix???

Two places to look:

1) Right-click the desktop shortcut and choose "Properties." See if it
says -mail at the end or not. If it does, delete that bit and leave the
rest. For example, on my Windows 7 machine, it says:
     "C:\Program Files (x86)\SeaMonkey\seamonkey.exe"

2) If all is well there, then look at
     Edit | Preferences | Appearance:
     When SeaMonkey starts up...
and check/uncheck the boxes as you see fit.

It was your item 2)
Thanks soooo much!
It was so simple, I should have thought if it.
Thanks again!!