WaltS wrote:
On 12/22/2013 09:57 AM, Norvin wrote:
OK, I know I will be getting some (lot) flak about not doing this sooner
but the situation has changed and I can mow move forward.

Here is my situation, I am now using SM 1.1.18 and will be upgrading to
the latest greatest level. I am pretty sure that this cannot be done in
one step, so my question is what is the best sequence to get the desired
results for a somewhat novice person. What downloads are needed to get
where I need or should be.

Any suggestions or thoughts are appreciated.

Jay already gave you the link for upgrading from 1.x to 2.0.

Do that first then upgrade to SeaMonkey 2.23.

[SeaMonkey/FAQ -
MozillaWiki](https://wiki.mozilla.org/SeaMonkey/FAQ#Upgrading)

all of which is also explained on every version's Release Notes page

"System Requirements,
.....SeaMonkey 2.23 will no longer offer to migrate your data from SeaMonkey 1.x or Mozilla 1.x at the first start after installation... In order to upgrade from such an old version, install the last SeaMonkey 2.0 release first, do the one-time profile upgrade, uninstall SeaMonkey 2.0 and then install your target release (e.g. this one)."

which obviously people don't read

GW