On 1/12/14 9:58 AM +0900, PhillipJones wrote:
Trane Francks wrote:
On 1/11/14 9:51 PM +0900, Daniel wrote:
On 11/01/14 21:51, Trane Francks wrote:
On 1/10/14 5:45 PM +0900, Daniel wrote:
On 10/01/14 04:16, F Murtz wrote:
Ray_Net wrote:
F Murtz wrote, On 09/01/2014 12:29:
How can I stop the hourglass beside the cursor from blinking non
stop
forever when I am in newsgroups, It has recently upped the blinking
rate to fast from the continual slow rate it was.
It is making me neurotic, it never stops.
Stop SM - Restart SM.
This is my method of stopping the blinking when(only when) it happen.

It was on a restart that the higher speed blinking started. I
regularly
shutdown and restart my whole computer (XP)and the blinking is there
always whenever sea monkey is running.

Where is your cursor located when it is rotating??

For a long time, I had a rotating cursor when it was located in either
the Accounts pane or the Threads pane. No rotation at all if the cursor
were located in the Message pane.

That rotating cursor is a symptom of message synchronization. I only see
it on my IMAP accounts.

I only have a Pop e-mail account and I cannot swear that it happened
there, but it sure did happen with my News accounts, but hasn't happen
there for some time.

I seem to recall that a work-around (manual change of a pref) was
suggested at some time further back, but I did not apply that mod.
However, as I've said, I now no longer have the problem.

I very occasionally see the app-busy cursor in SM when reading
newsgroups, but that seems to only be when synchronizing a large group
of headers. Since this is now the only newsgroup I read, the traffic
amounts to 1s and 2s. Not so busy. ;)

Blinking Hour Glass ?? Must be on a windows machine. But usually show
sand going from top to bottom then flipping over. Never seen a Blinking
Hour Glass.

Yes, definitely a Windows thing. It appears that under certain circumstances, SeaMonkey causes the busy cursor to flash. Here's a related thread about it:

<http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2505047>

The busy-app cursor on OS X's SeaMonkey is a cursor with a spinning ball/wheel (black and white) beside it.

--
// Trane Francks    tr...@gol.com    Tokyo, Japan