flyguy a écrit :
Ray_Net wrote, On 1/14/2014 2:08 AM:
flyguy wrote, On 13/01/2014 23:31:
I deleted my gmail POP account, then went through the setup for a
gmail IMAP account. When I clicked "Finish", SM crashed. I filled out
the crash report, restarted SM - same story. Rebooted, tried again,
same story.

What's going on?

I don't know .. try to create a pop/smtp access to your gmail account.
If this is working, try to change it into an imap access ...

I'd been using a pop/smtp access to the gmail account for a couple of
years, but wanted to change to an imap account so I could access it from
my desktop PC and my iPad. There did not appear to be anyway to change
the pop account to an imap account, so I removed the pop account, then
tried to add an imap account, and the crashing began.

You can simply add a imap account (in SM) without deleting the old SM pop account. It just needs to have a different folder name, which happens automatically if the old account is still on disk.
You might have to reconfigure gmail for imap (but I don't think so).

Maybe what happened is the old account folder was re-used by SM, and some residue caused a conflict.
To work around that, start in offline mode.
Then define a new SM account, before deleting the old one. It will be in a new location, and should work without problem.

Be sure to delete or deactivate the old (pop and imap) SM accounts before changing to online mode. Trying to download from the same account from google at the same time could cause a problem. (Google will probably detect that as a breach of security.)

regards :)
--
André