stan pierce wrote:
Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
stan pierce wrote:

Dave Taylor wrote:
I must have hit some switch?  Now SM is only offering me the option of
downloading files to the DLs file.  Inconvenient.  I used to be able to
open them directly from an email or website.
Even when I right-click "Open" the only thing it will do is DL them.
Edit>Prefs>Browser>Downloads is set to: "Open DL manager", "Save Files
to DL folder".
No option to "Open" instead of "Download".
Thanks!  SM2.23 Win7

How do I add to Helper applications so jpeg files won't end up in the
Download list?

If SM is automatically downloading them without asking, you must already
have that file type listed. Look carefully through the helper
applications list, find the place where jpeg is listed as "Save File,"
and change it to the desired behavior. It should be easy to find, since
the default sort is alphabetical by content type -- look in the J's.

jpeg is not in my Helper list. Is there a way to add it?

On my list it shows as "Photo Album 6 Photo (image/jpeg)", which is really odd since I don't have Photo Album 6 on the computer. My jpegs behave normally, though.

Larry S.