Ed Mullen wrote:
Daniel wrote:
On 9/03/2014 4:59 AM, Ed Mullen wrote:
Daniel wrote:
At times, as I work my way through various News Groups, I strike a
thread that I'm not interested in, so have to select, from the top menu
bar, Message->Mark->Thread As Read (K)

As I'm doing this, I'm often thinking I should be able to do this via
the Right Click menu, but it's not there.

Anybody know how this thick-headed luddite can achieve this??

If I'm on a message in a thread and decide I'm not interested I just
click R on the keyboard and the thread is marked as Read.  The menu you
cited above gives me R as the key to mark thread as read.

You're right, Ed, "R" does mark thread as read .... I guess I mis-typed
and was really looking to &Ignore* thread (K), rather than just mark as
read.

So it's *Ignore Thread (K* ) that I'm really looking to add to the Right
Click Menu!!

Right-click on a message - hover on Mark - the options are in the pop-up
menu.

sorry, I read too fast.  Kill isn't there.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/