On 22/03/14 17:54, toby.sop...@gmail.com wrote:
To the Developers, if any are listening.

About two updates ago I started noticing SeaMonkey taking longer than
previously to load and render the home page on start up.  I also noticed that
several web sites that I frequented took much longer to load and render a page.
 The final blow came after installing version 2.24.  Not only did known good
web sites take longer to load, but the e-mail client suffered snail pave in
connecting to the mail server, and then downloading the messages.

The first test was with IE; it was slow as usual, but not like SM.

The second test was with FireFox and it is blazing fast.

Third test was with Thunderbird and there is no hesitation in connecting to the
mail server, downloading messages, or sending message through the authsmtp
server.

I now have both configured and running well.

It had been a great ride following Netscape Communicator to Mozilla, and then
into SeaMonkey, but the time has come to get off the dead horse and find a
fresh colt. or two.

Have fun guys.

I did check with my ISP and the bandwidth is well above 5 Mb

Michael G

I fail to see the problems that you have apparently seen occur!!

Have you tried things with any.all your extensions switched off?? Try Help->Re-start with Add-ons disabled.

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:28.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/28.0 SeaMonkey/2.25 Build identifier: 20140211200211

or

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:28.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.25 Build identifier: 20140211195952