On 06/04/14 02:49, NFN Smith wrote:
Daniel wrote:
>>Thanks I found it.
>>
>>Second question: Is SM Window created profile compatible with SM
>>UBUNTU created profile?
>>In other words can I get my profile folder from the windows and move
>>it into UBUNTU.
>>If not is there any import feature on the SM UBUNTU to import SM
>>Window profile?

Basic principle, yes.  Profile data is totally portable, and it doesn't
matter which platform you're using.

>It happens I needed to do that, and the answer's yes. But no import
>feature, you'll have to copy/paste yourself. Make a backup of the
>original first. Important: Start SM in safe mode, the first time, and
>eliminate all add-ons before running SM normally. Add-ons won't survive
>the transition.

Yep.  Just copy the contents of the profile folder.  However, don't
touch profiles.ini -- the contents of that file are
installation-specific.  Thus, the advice to start Seamonkey first, so
that it creates a profile folder.  Personally, I don't think that Safe
Mode is necessary, but there's nothing wrong with being careful.

For that matter, you could also use the profile manager:

    seamonkey -profilemanager

And that will do the necessary job of creating the profile.

Why import it into Ubuntu?? I dual boot Win7 and Mandriva 2009.0 and
have my SM profile on my Windows E:\, so both Win7 SM and MD2009.0 SM
can use the same profile.

That assumes that both OS installations are on the same disk.  If the OP
is configuring on another machine, dual-boot isn't an option.

Yeap, I hadn't considered this.

For me personally, I don't like doing dual-boot.  If I want multiple OSs
on the same machine, my preference is going with virtual machines, to
allow both systems to run simultaneously, and not having to reboot, if I
want a feature that's in the system that's not booted.

Not into VM's .... yet!!

You can, if you want, set a VM to make direct access to the host file
system, although my preference is to use SMB sharing.

Smith

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:28.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/28.0 SeaMonkey/2.25 Build identifier: 20140211200211

or

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:28.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.25 Build identifier: 20140211195952