Le 14 mai 2014, Charles Campbell a écrit :

Hello!

I have been dropped from administration rights on this box at work, so I can't do a regular seamonkey install. Instead, I run it out of a personal directory.

On my home computer, I have a $HOME/.mozilla/plugins/ directory wherein I've put libflashplayer.so, and firefox seems to pick that up and use it ok from there. However, seamonkey does not do so. That doesn't bother me at home, because I've put it where it does find it (somewhere under /usr, if I recall correctly).

Where may I put libflashplayer.so so that seamonkey will find it? I've tried putting it in .../seamonkey/ where a number of other *.so files it provides resides, but that doesn't do the trick, either.

Add this to ~/.profile (assuming your shell is bash or similar):
 export MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH=/usr/lib64/browser-plugins
where you'll put the correct path, of course.

If flash is installed and up-to-date on the system, you may point to the system dir. Or you point to your own dir and, if this prevents SM from seeing plugins installed system-wide, in your own dir you add symbolic links to other system plugins you use and don't want to install on your own.

--
LL
Eν οιδα οτι ουδεν οιδα (Σωκρατης)