Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Rufus wrote:

Roger Fink wrote:
Do the message filters in SeaMonkey work in newsgroups? (they should
because the program lets you set them up).

There is an annoying amount of spam in the Mozilla support groups I
check from time to time (SM, FF & TB), and the filters I set up seem to
do absolutely nothing.

Yes they do - been using them in NGs for years to delete spam and other
annoying posts.  I use the Filter Log to watch and see if I Filter out
something I actually want to see by mistake, and clear the log after
I've made an adjustment.

I also use them to get rid of yEnc and multi-part posts, seeing as I
don't have a way to stitch those together on a Mac.

What exactly do you mean by "delete"? Whenever I've tried to delete a
post that was not my own, the NG rejected it.

I set my NG filter action to "Delete Message" and I never see those.

What I presume is that SM throws the header away and doesn't download those messages. Been doing this for years...and years...works great.

--
     - Rufus