Jay O'Brien wrote:
I've been with SeaMonkey since the Netscape days, and I have installed it in
many computers over the years. Due to my personal memory problems, I can't
remember the details.

I have a new Win 7 Pro SP1 64 bit computer into which I want to install a clone
of my present Win 7 Pro SP1 64 bit installation of SeaMonkey 2.26. Once
SeaMonkey is working the same in both computers, I plan to use GoodSync to keep
the mail files the same. I use Goodsync now in that manner, except that the
recipient computer runs XP; the new Win 7 computer will take the place of the
XP computer.

I recall seeing a reference to on-line cloning instructions, but I can't find
it now.

I suspect I should start by installing SeaMonkey 2.26 in the new computer, but
I will hold off until I get guidance from this knowledgeable group. Help
please?  Thanks.

MozBackup is ideal for this one.

If you know the locations of your profiles on each computer (namely %APPDATA%\Mozilla\seamonkey, it's easy enough to copy the contents of the profile folder from the old machine to the new machine.

However, MozBackup gives you a little easier control over the process (and options for stuff to include/exclude), and puts everything into a nice .ZIP-format archive. Thus, run MozBackup on the old computer, then copy the archive to the new computer. On the new computer, install SeaMonkey, and launch it once, so that you see the beginning of the configuration wizard. Once you have that, you can abort, because that will be enough to create profiles.ini and also create the default profile folder.

From there, run MozBackup on the new machine, and recover all your data from the backup archive into the profile on the new machine.

Although I'm adept enough at doing raw data transfer (including from Windows to both Linux and Mac), for Windows-to-Windows, I find MozBackup to be a little quicker and easier.

For good measure, MozBackup works fine for both Firefox and Thunderbird. Plus, with a little bit of tinkering, you can get it to work for moving data in and out of portable apps profiles.

Smith