Hartmut Figge wrote:
WaltS48:
On 05/29/2014 09:05 PM, Hartmut Figge wrote:

A test requires selecting another message after a change. ;)

I didn't notice any changes in fonts with my tests.

[x] Fixed Width
http://www.triffids.de/pub/screenshot/sm140530-fixed.png

[x] Variable Width
http://www.triffids.de/pub/screenshot/sm140530-vari.png

The font for 'Fixed Width' is defined by the selection for Monospace, in
my case DejaVu Sans Mono' and the font for 'Variable Width' is defined
by the selection for
    Proportional
       Serif or Sans Serif
    and the font selected for Serif/Sans Serif
In my case DejaVu Serif.

Also, for all of the above, the selection of 'Fonts for' is essential.
You can have different fonts for different Character Encodings. *g*

It should suffice to select for Western and Unicode.

Hartmut

that extra step

'Fonts for'

may have solved it!