WaltS48 wrote:
On 07/29/2014 08:55 PM, Mort wrote:
Hi,

Updating Avast inadvertently downloaded Google Chrome to my H.D.,
(running Windows XP, SP-3). Now, I cannot delete it. It does not show up
on the list of programs  in control panel's section on programs, yet it
is there with a H.D. search. Each time that I attempt toa delete it, I
get a message on screen that it cannot be deleted.

How can I actually delete it from my H.D.?
Any help will be appreciated.

Mort Linder

Install and run these programs, consecutively, not simultaneously.

<http://www.superantispyware.com/>
<http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html>
<http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/>
<https://www.malwarebytes.org/>

If these don't find it or can't clear it, post in one of these forums
for specialized malware removal help:

<http://www.spywarewarrior.com/index.php>
<http://bleepingcomputer.com/>
<http://www.spywareinfoforum.com/>
<http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30>

Hi Walt,

Thanks for the suggestion. Inasmuch as I already have Super- antispyware on board I'll try posting the problem with them. Google seems to make sure that their Chrome is almost impossible to delete.

Mort Linder