Paul B. Gallagher pounded out :
BIll Spikowski wrote:
Ed Mullen wrote:
Someone mentioned in the Thunderbird group that TB fits large images
to the viewport in an email like SeaMonkey's browser does. Doesn't
seem to work for emails in SM. I used about:config in both SM and TB
to check for "zoom" and the settings are almost identical.  But no
image-fitting in SM mail.

Any thoughts?

Have you tried:
Edit | Preferences | Appearance | Content | "resize large images to fit
in the browser window"

You can also click an oversize image once to fit it to the window, just
as you can in the browser. You can set a global policy as BIll suggests,
or just do it once in a while on the fly. Up to you.

1.  Yes, my prefs are set to resize in the browser pref
2.  No, it has no effect in mail/news

Have you tested it?  I have.  It has no effect in Mail/News.

That's why I asked the question in the first place.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/