Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Chris Ilias wrote:
On 2014-09-17 2:48 PM, A Williams wrote:
Are we stuck with this well-meant posting being at the forefront of this
Newsgroup for all eternity?  Sorry, but it needs to be moderated away
before other less well-meaning posters decide manipulating their clocks
is a good idea.

Go to View-->Sort by-->Order_Received.

One of many possible options.

My setup is this:

Sort by: Date, Ascending, Threaded
Messages: All
Threads: Threads with unread

In this configuration, the original post with the future date only
appears when the thread contains a (new) unread message, and when that
happens, the thread appears last because it was updated last. As soon as
I read the new message (or mark it as read), the thread no longer has
any unread messages, so it doesn't appear the next time I visit the
newsgroup.

The OP is getting no special priority on my system, so there's no
incentive to for posters to change their clocks. To the contrary, it
will be an annoyance for their other correspondents.

Well yes, and I was thinking of a particular intensely annoying poster who issues reams of upper-case garbage.