Frosted Flake wrote:
EE wrote:
Frosted Flake wrote:
Seamonkey 2.29 on Windows XP.
I have a filter set up and enabled for mozilla.general that has:
 From contains GerardJan
Set to mark as read, ignore thread, and delete message.
This filter has been in effect for a long time and appears to have been
working in the past.
Today, I see a message with the From = GerardJan but the message is
still there.
If I Run the filter on mozilla.general, it does nothing.
Apply filter is set to run manually and also when getting new mail
before junk classification.
The other day, I had another message that was not filtered and I could
not get it to filter either.
I don't remember when Seamonkey did the update to 2.29.

Has something changed with message filtering with 2.29?

I doubt it.  I have message filters to block Italian spam on these
newsgroups, and I have not seen any since.

I have them also and see the same (no Italian SPAM) but this GerardJan
one is not being filtered.

More strangeness.
I have TWO filters set for the mozilla.general newsgroup. When I added "From contains GerardJan" to the Italian SPAM filter, I could run the filter and get rid of the GerardJan message. Why is that same information not working when it is in a separate filter entry? (Both filters are/were enabled)

--
The Frosted Flake